Ads by google

Monday, October 7, 2013

Lentils- Adai dosa

Adai dosa is a very nutritious dish. This used be a weekend special when I grew up. I never liked Adai when I was a kid, but my mom forced me to eat it because it had lots of lentils. Once I grew up and went to college I started liking this dish more and more and now its one of my favorites.

Adai Aviyal is a very famous dish in Tamil restaurants. When you want  a little change from the same old Dosa recipes you can prepare Adai. Actually the making Adai batter is much easier than making Idly or Dosa Batter. Here is the recipe.





Preparation time:15 min
Cooking time:5 min (each dosa)
Serves:3-4 




Ingredients:

  • A pinch of Asfoetida.
  • A pinch of Turmeric.
  • 1/4 bunch Coriander leaves.
  • 1 small Onion.
  • Salt as required.

Soak and grind:(for 2 hrs)

  • 3/4 cup Idly rice.
  • 3/4 cup Raw rice.
  • 1/2 cup Urad dal.
  • 3/4 cup Toor dal.
  • 1/4 cup split Channa dal.
  • 1 tbsp Fennel seeds.
  • 2 tbsp grated Coconut.
  • 6-7 red Chilies.

Method:

  • Wash and soak the dals for 2 hrs and grind it with red chilies, Fennel and coconut.
  • You can grind it an in a Indian mixer or a regular blender


  • Chop the onions and coriander leaves very fine. Makes the dosa easy to spread.
  • Add the coriander, onion , salt, asofoetida, turmeric powder to the ground batter.
  • Check the consistency of the batter and add water if required.
  • Do not make the batter very thin, it would be difficult to make Dosa out of thin batter.
  • Now add some oil to hot tava and spread the batter .
  • Add some oil to the top and cook it covered.
  • When the bottom browns flip it and cook the other side.
  • Adai is ready to be served.
  • Serve it with Aviyal, Curd or any Chutney of you choice.
  • You can add a small amount of butter to adai at the end make it more yummy.


Check out Other nutritious Green gram dosa here 



                                                      

         




2 comments:

  1. Wow ! delicious. Thanks for linking to WTML Event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love adai. I can eat it any time of the day. Your adai looks delicious and very nicely presented Sathya

    ReplyDelete

Always love your word of appreciation.Mail to me or drop a comment here.Thanks for visiting my blog and Stay updated by joining the email list
You can also join MyKitchenodyssey @ "face book,pinterest,networked blogs,my taste.in,Google"
Don't forget to tell your friends by sharing ...
.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...